Whether this serves to help with your Must Plays or Do Not Plays, we present the 100 most requested songs at past Stylus DJ Entertainment weddings, and those that are currently trending.
- Based on approximately 10,000 songs played at around 120 events.
- Of those 10,000, approximately half were unique – about 5000 different tracks!
- The #1 most requested song was played at about 40% of our events, and the #100 most requested song was played less than 10% of the time.
- Number of new tracks purchased for clients in 2017: About 400
- Browse the full list here!
How has the music you play at weddings changed since you started?
When I first started DJing weddings in 2013, my clientele was generally older, planning the wedding on their own, had very specific, non-traditional tastes in music, and weren’t particularly concerned with crowd pleasing or “making people dance.”
As this year comes to a close, we still have plenty of clients with very specific visions such as “no overplayed hits,” but they are generally getting younger, and are looking for more of a balance between reflecting their tastes and keeping their families and friends happy on the dance floor.
One thing that hasn’t changed is that we still ask, “What is your musical goal?” Most of the time, the answer is “a great dance party,” with varying levels of direction, but we never assume or ask you to choose songs from a list to make that happen.
When we say that we will pay attention to your musical goal, that we will play anything you want, and that every set is different, we mean it. Be sure to check out our other past playlists on Spotify – enjoy!
Stylus Top 100 Most Requested Wedding Songs
Trending in 2017