Stylus: Non-traditional wedding and event DJs
serving greater New York, Philadelphia and beyond
Music is one element in a wedding that can truly be as unique as you are.
Whether your tastes are mainstream or offbeat, general or specific, Stylus DJs take the time to listen, to ask questions and to make suggestions while curating a custom soundtrack to one of the most important days of your life.
If the musical goal of your event is to reflect your personalities, to please your guests, to make a great dance party, or all of the above, we put the energy and focus into getting the balance right.
With Stylus, you can give as much or as little input as you like into the song selection process. Some clients have a long list of songs in mind already, while others need help and welcome our knowledge and expertise. In any case, we don’t rely on generic set lists or preconceived notions about what wedding music is “supposed” to sound like.
What sets Stylus DJs apart?
We are reliable, professional, non-cheesy, music-loving DJs who keep the party flowing without gimmicks or trying to be the center of attention. We pay close attention to your Must Plays, your Do Not Plays, and your openness to guest requests. No requests? No problem! Preparing a thoughtful pool of music, reading the crowd and adapting to the moment is what makes the party come alive.
Many of our clients are looking for a DJ who really “gets” them and their musical goal. For example:
- Do you have very particular or unusual musical tastes? Are you a serious music lover, crate digger, collector, musician, former college radio DJ? Do you go to concerts, follow Pitchfork lists, listen to independent radio?
- Are you detail-oriented, “Type A,” into organization and spreadsheets? Are you working toward an advanced degree or busy with a professional career and need vendors who can keep up with you and execute your vision perfectly?
- Are you going against the grain relative to family/guest expectations, musically, culturally or otherwise, or are you consciously accommodating those expectations?
- Are you looking for a low-pressure, low-hype vibe? Are you shy or uncomfortable being in the spotlight? Are you or your guests more reserved or not big dancers?
- Unsure of what you want? Looking for guidance? Perhaps you have a list of things you don’t want?
Whatever the situation, our goal is to make the music planning process seamless and stress-free. If these qualities resonate with you, please get in touch. We could be the perfect match!